Yield: ~2 cups
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: —
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 jalepeno, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put edamame, avocado, cilantro, garlic, onion, jalapeno, and lime juice in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until combined. Add enough water to make a creamy consistency and pulse again. Pulse until smooth. Transfer edamame guacamole to a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper. Stir. Serve with chips or vegetables.
*Note-this guacamole is also good as a spread on sandwiches.
Recipe Source: Two Peas and their Pod