Yields: 15 4-inch pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups coarse yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups small fresh blueberries
- Combine cornmeal, flour, oat bran, soda, and salt in medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine syrup, oil, egg, and buttermilk.
- Stir well and add to dry ingredients. Let batter stand for 15 minutes to soften cornmeal.
- Add additional milk if required for proper consistency.
- Pour batter onto griddle and sprinkle with blueberries. Turn when tops are bubbly.
Recipe Source: The Elms Bed and Breakfast of Camden, Maine