Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 3 ears of very fresh yellow corn (2 1/2 cups thawed, if using frozen corn kernels)
- 2 1/2 cups fresh soybeans, shelled (thawed, if frozen)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomato (about 10 ounces)
- 1, 6-ounce orange bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- Pinch cayenne
- Pinch salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Juice of a lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Remove the husks and threads from the ears of corn. Take a knife and cut the kernels off of the cob, placing kernels in a large bowl.
- Add soybeans, onion, jalapeno, tomato, bell pepper and herbs.
- Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the paprika, cumin, coriander, cayenne, salt, pepper, lemon and vingar.
- Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and toss to evenly coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve cool or at room temperature.
Recipe Source: SheKnows