Yield: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 c Eggbeaters OR 1 large egg
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/3 c orange juice
- 1/4 c canola oil (minus 2 tbsp)
- kernles off one ear of corn
- 1/4 c white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 c fine grind polenta or corn meal
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 to 1 1/4 c blue berries soaked in red wine
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Beat the egg and sugar until thick & pale. An electric mixer can be used to mix the egg and sugar. (Muffins should not be over mixed once flour is added.)
- Blend in zest, juice, oil, and corn kernels
- stir in flour, polenta, flax seeds, baking powder, and salt.
- Drain blueberries well. Gently stir into batter.
- Fill muffin top cavities until full.
- Bake 15 minutes– tops should be gently rounded and brown around the edges; toothpick inserted should come out clean.
Recipe Source: Kitchen in Half Cups