Yield: 9 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 peeled avocados, cut into quarters
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Place edamame in a large saucepan. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes or until soft. Drain; set aside.
- Place half of edamame, 1/2 cup broth, and shallots in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Pour puréed shallot mixture into a large bowl. Combine the remaining edamame, 3/4 cup broth, and avocados in blender or food processor; process until smooth. Add puréed avocado mixture to puréed shallot mixture; stir to combine. Add 3/4 cup broth, water, juice, salt, and pepper to puréed mixture; stir well with a whisk. Cover and chill. Serve with parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.
Recipe Source: My Recipes.com