Yield: 1 serving
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: —
- 2-3 bunches of arugula (depends on your purveyor)
- 1 small green apple
- 2 heaping tablespoon pistachios
- ¼ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
For the dressing (depends how much dressing you like):
- 1 part balsamic vinegar
- 3 parts extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Make your dressing: place balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a jar, add salt and pepper to taste, screw the cap on tight, and shake it like you mean it! Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Remove the roots from the arugula, then rinse and dry leaves. Pile on a plate or bowl.
- Using the big holes on a box grater, grate apple (no need to peel) directly onto the arugula.
- Scatter pistachios and gorgonzola on top of grated apple.
- Give your dressing one last, fierce shake and drizzle over the salad.
Recipe Source: 80 Breakfasts