Yield: 1 cake, approx 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 large apples — pared, peeled, and sliced
- Place all ingredients except cinnamon/sugar and fruit in large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pour 1/3 of batter in ungreased tube pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar and spread 1/3 of the apples and 1/2 cup blueberries over batter.
- Repeat 2 more times, but do not put blueberries on top layer (they will burn).
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 1-1/2 hours or until done. Remove from pan and let cool well before slicing.
Recipe Source: Asygarth Sation B&B of Bar Harbor, Maine